Launch Successful! ... Failed...

Before you read this, understand that I’ve been over and over the help file at https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ted/index.html as well as any other help file I could find on the topic.

Why is it that when I try to launch a game on my (Android) Tablet, it opens for a brief few seconds, then closes down without allowing me to test the game at all? Is this Android’s version of a Crash?

It doesn’t seem to want to test any game, whether mobile preview is working or not. I’ve even tried creating a new game from scratch and launching it immediately (without adding any of my own material). Is there a setting on the tablet that I’m not aware of which may be preventing my deployment? According to Unreal Engine, it is a successful launch.

You’ll want to use “adb logcat” to get the Android log file, and then you should get a better idea of what’s going on. UE4 successfully pushed it to the device, but something is obviously going wrong when it tries to run it there. It really could be any number of things with the variety of hardware drivers and Android versions out there.

If you post a copy of your log to AnswerHub, someone may have some ideas. Or you can search for keywords related to your crash (and your specific device), and you may find someone else who has run into the same problem.

Okay, I have a few screenshots of what I noticed may be of a concern, then I copied the text of the logcat and pasted what i could into a txt file. If anyone can take the time to help, it would be appreciated.

I know it’s a lot to sort through, but does anyone have any idea?

TLDR: Follow the PID.

The game exited because the graphics driver didn’t like the shader it was being passed. But just maybe
go back to basics and cleanup tablet first. Since you seem to have other problems than the game…
Try AnswerHUB, get a cleaner run and tell them your tablets hardware first though.

Google Play Services and Google+ processes dying is irregular. Maybe too memory starved a tablet?
I/ActivityManager( 470): Process com.google.android.gms (pid 32644) (adj 15) has died.
I/ActivityManager( 470): Process com.google.android.apps.plus (pid 10462) (adj15) has died.

Your game had an issue with a shader.
D/UE4 (14405): [2014.12.22-22.11.45:738] 0]LogWorld: Bringing World /Temp/Autosaves/Game/Maps/UEDPCExample_Map.UEDPCExample_Map up for play (max tick rate 0) at 2014.12.22-17.11.45
D/UE4 (14405): [2014.12.22-22.11.45:751] 0]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.314178
D/UE4 (14405): [2014.12.22-22.11.45:911] 0]LogInit:Display: Game Engine Initialized.
D/UE4 (14405): Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.5\Engine\Source\Runtime\OpenGLDrv\Private\OpenGLShaders.cpp] [Line: 71]
D/UE4 (14405): Failed to compile shader. Compile log:
D/UE4 (14405): Compile failed.
D/UE4 (14405):
D/UE4 (14405): [2014.12.22-22.11.46:129] 0]LogRHI***:Fatal:*** Failed to compile shader. Compile log:
D/UE4 (14405): Compile failed.
I/AndroidRuntime(14405): VM exiting with result code 0, cleanup skipped.

I/ActivityManager( 470): Process com.epicgames.Trial2** (pid 14405)** (adj 0) has died.

W/ActivityManager( 470): Force removing ActivityRecord{41b17320 u0 com.epicgames.Trial2/com.epicgames.ue4.GameActivity}: app died, no saved state

Total Space: 8GB
Available Space: 2.54GB
File Size (Game): 94.6MB

I don’t think the Tablet is memory-starved.

Also, it doesn’t have any problem except those related to Unreal Engine. Do you think that the Tablet is not compatible?

Found the problem. This issue is based on the device. There is a list of supported devices and their expected performance, for those who don’t know, located at A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums It appears that my device “Crashes on Launch” unless the lighting is exact. It does play “Tappy Chicken” but I’m going to search for a more compatible device. Thanks.

Device
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7

Model
GT-P3100

LDR
Supported

Basic Lighting
Shows only UI

Full HDR w/Sun
Crashes on Launch

TappyChicken 4.6
Runs