Landscape splines/roads improvements

Hey guys,

I’d love to see some specific features in future versions of the engine. Right now, creating roads seems far more difficult than it should be. The problems I’m having are:

• Roads aren’t flush with the terrain. You can even see this in the content examples - the roads on the landscape examples are floating all over the place.
  • I wish I didn’t have to create a mesh in order to paint roads.
  • I would like to have my roads fade out at their ends, to mimic paths in the dirt that fade into grass.
  • I’d like to overlap roads and be able to control the order in which they’re rendered.

So, I’d love to see:

• Ability to specify materials directly on spline segments instead of requiring a mesh component
  • Bake roads directly on to the terrain, so that they are perfectly flush with the ground.
  • Better ability to deform terrain to segments - it seems to have a really hard time with tight, twisty roads. For example, if I made a tight, winding path along a mountain side, it doesn’t seem to cope well with that.
  • Ability to set width/scale of the entire spline
  • Rendering priority of spline
  • Ability to remove foliage placed on terrain that’s underneath a spline segment

Thanks!