I’d love to see some specific features in future versions of the engine. Right now, creating roads seems far more difficult than it should be. The problems I’m having are:
- Roads aren’t flush with the terrain. You can even see this in the content examples - the roads on the landscape examples are floating all over the place.
- I wish I didn’t have to create a mesh in order to paint roads.
- I would like to have my roads fade out at their ends, to mimic paths in the dirt that fade into grass.
- I’d like to overlap roads and be able to control the order in which they’re rendered.
So, I’d love to see:
- Ability to specify materials directly on spline segments instead of requiring a mesh component
- Bake roads directly on to the terrain, so that they are perfectly flush with the ground.
- Better ability to deform terrain to segments - it seems to have a really hard time with tight, twisty roads. For example, if I made a tight, winding path along a mountain side, it doesn’t seem to cope well with that.
- Ability to set width/scale of the entire spline
- Rendering priority of spline
- Ability to remove foliage placed on terrain that’s underneath a spline segment