Landscape Scale Technical Guide: WM to UE4

So this is probably the best explanation I have seen thus far on properly scaling your landscape when going from World Machine to Unreal. It’s short, sweet and to the point. In the article he explains how to import a map so that each vertex from the landscape actor will get 1 pixel assigned to it exclusively. Apparently this won’t happen by default. Also he talks about how to map exact physical distances to resolution and then to exact unreal units to maintain a 1 to 1 relationship.

http://www.danielelliott.co.uk/2016/…chnical-guide/

Cliff Notes:

Here are his steps: (Directly from article above)

1. Set Max Extents in world machine to the Physical Distance that you want to work in.
  2. Author your landscape as you would with all of the technical artistry that you can muster.
  3. Set the normal build resolution to one of the recommended sizes. Here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/…TechnicalGuide
  4. Import the heightmap onto the landscape and choose best fit. If its one of the recommended sizes, it should fit to a nice arrangement of components/sections/vertices and you shouldn’t have to worry about it anymore.
  5. Set the Actor scale to (Physical Distance / HeightmapResolution ) * 100

Example:
Distance is 2000 meters in world machine and this is what you want to have in unreal. Set the build resolution to 4033 (one of the recommended sizes). Import the map and auto fit. Then set the actor width scale (x & y) to (2000/4033) * 100 which is 49.59087~. This will exactly fit the 4033 vertices into the 2000 meter distance

There is more in the article about properly scaling the landscape actor in the Z direction (height).

My question is, if I do this, and change the scale of my landscape, how will that effect my material? As of right now I am using a weight map (splatmap) for my material assignment and propagation. Will I have to change the UV coordinates in the LandScapeCoords node, or should I keep them the same (which is the splatmap & heightmap resolution).