Keeping outside/inside particle emitters rendering in there own areas.
This is a tutorial on how to make a manager/controller that enables/disables particle emitters based on weather they are strictly for outside/inside.
The blueprint works like this:
- The triggers get a custom event bound to the on overlap event.
- The actor that overlaps one of the triggers will have its type compared to a list of types that will enable/disable the emitters.
- The outside emitters are disabled when the actor overlaps the inside trigger while the inside emitters are enabled, Or vice-versa.
Here is the function that enables/disables the emitters:
This ensures that only the actor types that you specify will enable/disable the emitters:
We bind a custom event to the triggers so that the emitters can be disabled/enabled when the player enters them:
The my blueprint window:
- ⦁ The inside/outside emitters are an array of the “Emitter” type
- ⦁ Inside/outside triggers are an array of the “Trigger volume” type
- ⦁ Allowed actor types is an array of the actor class type(you will need to specify the exact type here or it will not work, Derived types are ignored if they are not explicitly listed)
You need to place this in the level.
Then, You need to add the triggers, emitters, and class types to the arrays in the actors properties window.
Here is a link to the uasset.
I could do with some more practice writing documents like this
Comments are welcome.