It is time for Epic to Properly Support Co-Op Devs by Improving the Listen Server

World Partition is completely Host Dependent. Meaning that any Dev creating a large open Co-Op world is completely out of luck. Listen Servers using World Partition should allow the Clients to keep track of Terrain Streaming. Keeping the ground under the Players feet is NOT a Security Task. There is NO Reason for the player Hosting the game to suffer the cost of loading every player’s terrain on their machine.
For a long time the ongoing joke in my studio is that Unreal’s Listen Server is just a Dedicated Server with a Character Controller Duct Taped onto it. This needs to change. Most users will not be able to truly afford Dedicated Servers and this Kills any of these new features for Co-Op Devs like myself. I see Open Source Unity Listen servers with 10 times the performance and it makes me frustrated that I shifted to Unreal , Only to watch the networking I need ignored.

It would be simple to have a Listen Server setting where each machine independently handles all terrain features and it needs to happen for Unreal 5…