Download

Issues Loading Starter Content

I just got Unreal Engine 4 about a week ago. I’m kind of new to all this and a lot of it is still over my head. When I first started, I loaded the 3rd person template with no problem. I fiddled around with it, and closed it down no problem. The next day I tried loading the 1st person template w/starter content. It loaded the editor fine until it hit 95%. Apparently it decided that 95% was as far as it was willing to go, the app froze up and had to be force quit. We’ve troubleshooted different scenarios, leaving it over night to see if it would eventually load, opening different templates, etc. It always seems to stop between 93%-96%. Since then, we’ve discovered that this computer doesn’t seem to like starter content and so we started using games w/o it. Also thought this would be important to mention, all of the downloadable maps in the learn section have similar issues.

Please help! This is very frustrating being able to load only certain things. and even the non-starter content will occasionally have the same issues. Is this a bug, a corrupted file, or an issue with the computer? I’m running 4.12.5 on a Mac that appears to meet all the system requirements.

-TheRealmsMaster