Issue following the splines livestream

Hi guys,

I hope this is the right category. I’m a newbie to UE4, so I understand the basics of blueprint, but I have plenty more to learn!

I’ve been trying to follow the Splines livestream from Zak, but I’m getting a rather different result!

Meanwhile, he got this result (around 40:55 in the video):

Capture.PNG

I’ve compared all my blueprints to his, and I’m pretty sure they’re identical… but maybe somebody with experience could find what I’m doing wrong? Below I’ve included screenshots of my blueprints:

Construction Script (all attached to sequence node):
1.PNG

3.PNG

Inside the Build Track Element function:

Followed by a sequence node…

3a.PNG
3b.PNG

Many thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I can’t remember where, but in that stream he explains exactly which piece makes the difference between looping and non-looping track. I think if you keep watching he will undo his loop and then redo it.

Hi Zeustiak,

Thanks for the reply. The problem I’ve got is the big gaps between spline points though (where the static mesh isn’t stretching) - the looping isn’t problem for me right now, but thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Oh, duh. :stuck_out_tongue:

You might check your mesh/material somewhere in the details panel and make sure it is use-able with splines.

Haha! When I’m on the desktop again, I’ll try redownloading the files again. I checked the mesh and it seems identical to when Zak showed it at the start, but I’ve not checked the material yet.

Many thanks :slight_smile: