IsShortPackageName(Path) error while packaging.

Hey, everyone I’m getting this error while packaging: UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: !FPackageName::IsShortPackageName(Path) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/UObject/SoftObjectPath.cpp] [Line: 79]

I basically tried everything I could find on google. None of them worked.

I want to try this solution: Run editor with debugger attached.

Enter the game - above error occurs, it will point you to the SoftObjectPath.cpp, but there is no info, so go to the callstack, and search for call in the file BlueprintEditorUtils.cpp. This function there will have FProperty as input, if you hover over it with debugger attached, it will show you EXACTLY which variable is causing the issue. Write its name down.

Go even deeper into the callstack down to the KismetCompiler.cpp. It must have gone through the function PropagateValuesToCDO. This method has UObject* InNewCDO as parameter, hover over it and write down the name of that variable.

Restart UE editor, find that asset, and that specific variable. Renaming won’t work. I found that removing that variable completely, and adding brand new one WITH DIFFERENT NAME and manually replacing references missing after old one is removed fixes that error! Voila :slight_smile:

But I dont know how to do it. If anyone could help me that would be great.

You can find my log file in the attachment.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong sub.

Okay, this is how I solved:

Unfortunately, there is no easy way of doing this. I opened a new empty project, started migrating folders. With every new folder, I started packaging. While packaging, it will give lots of errors but you need to look for this one specific error. After a folder displayed the same error, I started deleting blueprints to see which one was it and repacking everytime i deleted a BP after I boiled down it to one specific BP, I deleted and rewrote that BP and now it works completely fine.