Island is unplayable for the first 3 rounds (v25 issue)

Here goes nothing :
(video starts at 0:30, tickrate counter is on the billboard and on the top left corner of the screen)

I didn’t change anything on my island since v24, indeed this is even happening on a private version I published yesterday (which worked fine)

Everyone gets 300 ping and the map gets unplayable… I don’t know how to debug this actually…

In my case the root cause was a cinematic sequencer device that I used to move an object over time. I think they introduced some kind of problem in last server update. Do you have this device in your island?

UPDATE: I tested with a new private version, it seems that it bugs for the first 3 rounds, everyone suicides then the other rounds run smoothly!

I’m on round 10 and it has been working fine since round 4. I’m not using any persistent data (despite items in inventory) nor any custom round system. It’s vanilla!

Also, I just noticed that after those 3 rounds, some devices stop functionning, at the moment, all my easter egg devices stop working starting from the 4th round, some prop manipulators (always the same) stop working too.

I’m gonna investigate more, but this is really strange, I don’t seem to be getting any strange logs also…

@im_a_lama Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here: Fortnite Creative

UPDATE: I’m not alone apparently https://www.reddit.com/r/FortniteCreative/comments/148bfem/island_very_laggy/

Maybe related?

Bump, I cannot publish my island like this :cry:

I’m going to suggest a couple of things here based on issues I had to address with some of my creations (FNC) after 25.00 patch. The issues for me in the end all came down to the islands changing from channels to Direct Event Binding (DEB). If your islands were already DEB before 25.00 then probably these suggestions may not help you at all but you never know.

1. If you are using any sequencers on you island that you know should only get triggered once per round. Make sure in the sequencers settings its set to only trigger once and ignore any other triggers once its already started. I personally have seen sequencers firing on island/round start more then any mechanics set them to fire.

2. I had to make some changes with timings with perception triggers as mechanics using them appear to operate differently than under the channel system. This is a hard one to say for sure where the issue was for me but I was was seeing a situation where I had a perception trigger teleporting a player and then disabling its self once the player reached the destination. The issue here was the trigger was ending up teleporting/counting more players than I wanted (only 1). If your using perception triggers make sure they are still operating as you intended.

3. If you are using class selectors right off spawn to trigger any event after a player changing class, add a delay of 1 second (or more) until the class change happens. I have seen situations were the event can be sent from the class selector before the device receiving it is set up fully to receive it (so the event is never received). This can cause all sorts of issues depending on your mechanics.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Were you able to fix the issue by doing anything to the sequences? I think I have a similar issue:

I did submit an actual bug report and I recommend everyone to do the same. Hopefully they can get fixed soon as it makes the maps unplayable.

Blocker - Player rubberbands when playing in game Please make sure “can affect navigation” is disabled for your assets.

I’m gonna try it but it would be strange, since the bug only lasts for 3 rounds, it disables some devices after those 3 rounds, I don’t have any sequencer that moves object, and my ping increases as my server tick rate goes down.

Seem to have been resolved with the new release, still experience minor lags at the beginning of the round but it’s okay.

I’ll wait a few days just to be sure and to be able to test in a public version.

EDIT: Looks like the first round is still a bit glitchy, but alot less, I’m closing this topic, thanks team!

1 Like

Hello,
Could you by chance explain how to set sequencer to trigger only once per round?
Thank you

You simply set the looping to 1 and disable activation while running.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.