Download

Is there a "Wind" Node that you can attach to a model?

What I’m looking for is a way to attach a “wind” effect to a model, so that it follows them around in the world. I am wanting, also, for it to effect the Dynamic chains I have set. Essentially, I’m looking to have this “wind” effect to be constant when the player is standing still, then with a push of an assigned key, the wind will increase a certain amount to make the Dynamic chain react more based on the values.

Any such thing? I’ve seen a few tutorials and most were applied to say a texture for trees or grass. I have loose cloth or hair I want to react to the “wind” elements rather then hand animate them.

Great Question *BUMP…

I searched for the last hour on this one and opened Elemental Demo to see how they did theirs…Animation…Which I’m not opposed to (likely cheaper than the engine running the physics realtime) but to use the physics in the ART tool to animate it I need to get past the “Invis_Legs” problem that YOU also happen to be running into…go figure…

anyways…they Have Wind Physics in the Persona editor one would imagine it’s in the “real” editor as well…

can anyone Confirm/show us how?..

bump…

I was going to be looking into the same effect for the game I’m working on. Rather, having it where in a portion of a level you have dynamic wind which can affect cloth on a player. Not entirely sure how possible this is, or if it would be too demanding on performance.

Bump…