Is there a way to place a blank widget that can be set within another widget?

I’m working on a game that has challenge tracking in its own menu. However I want to be able to track up to 3 of them that the user can select in the main lobby and display the information there. I’m running into a roadblock however with regards to setting the widgets within the lobby tracker. The way I figured I could approach this was by having 3 blank widgets that can be set based on save game data after clicking to track it in another menu. However there doesn’t appear to be a way to set a blank widget in the designer side of the UMG editor. Am I missing something?

Hi Jon, I can recommend this tutorial series, this episode here goes into objective widgets, and how to set/load a dummy objective and set specific main content data.

Basically you can load any widget within a widget - through the create widget node. As mentioned in above linked episode, you usually create a dummy widget with blanks for tracking purposes - displaying the particular challenge data at hand. Then load them into some sort of holder widget - as part of your main user/lobby interface.

Let me know if you need more info, can post some blueprint stuff if needed.

Thanks unit23! I’ll be sure to check that out. =)