Download

Is there a Unity to Unreal set of tutorials?

Hi I’ve spent about three years getting the hang of Unity so what would be great is if you have a set of quick tutorials that will help me learn Unreal?

There are lots of tutorials available. But, none to my knowledge for specifically transitioning from Unity.

Hi Arowx,

We have a large supply of Tutorials located here: Unreal Engine 4 Documentation | Unreal Engine Documentation

Tutorial Videos to watch: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaCL2XjKluO7N2Pmmw9pvhE

And the Wiki has user made tutorials that are being added to constantly: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

There are quite a few members of the Beta testing on the forums as well who are more than happy to assist you as you learn about Unreal Engine 4.

Have a great day!
Adam

I think you will find the main difference is how Unity is based around C#/JS and (I’ve found anyway) a lot simpler to get basic things up and running, where-as Unreal seems to be a lot more complex for certain things but allows a lot more functionality. The UI and basic editor controls are very similar I’ve found, along with the idea of materials and texture-ing, although Unreal uses node based techniques and PBS from what I’ve seen.

I’m finding the Unreal engine is much more powerful in terms of what can be achieved, however you will find achieving these things will come with quite a steep learning curve on specific parts, such as blueprints over simple C# scripts. I think our team is looking to move over to Unreal from Unity very soon as the possibilities just seem better.