Installing Unreal on Boxx RenderPro just for Swarm distributed lightmass purposes

The title says it all really, I have a bunch of Boxx RenderPros that I use as my max/vray farm. The issue I’m having is these render nodes do not have dedicated graphics cards since they don’t need them. They have onboard graphics since the only thing I ever do is remote into them occasionally, otherwise they’re just dual xeons used for farming animation frames.

When trying to install UE4 on them, there’s an error about “unsupported graphics, etc” Is there no way I can harness the power of these nodes to run the swarm agents for distributed lightmass calculations? Thanks in advance

Try just copying the engine files over and running swarm directly. It doesn’t do any calculations on the GPU so it -should- work. Probably. No harm in trying.

I’m up for trying that, which files would that be exactly?

The swarm files are in Engine\Binaries\DotNET, named SwarmAgent.exe and SwarmCoordinator.exe. I forget if you need the whole engine folder or if they’re self contained, it’s been a while since I’ve had to set up a swarm network.

Ok thanks, I’ll give that a try.

@BldgbloxVisuals

Did that end up working for you?