Download

Installed Builds - Alembic Plugin .DLL issue

I’m trying to create an installed build of UE4 4.20.2 however I’m running into an issue with the Alembic Plugin.

Here’s how I’m running the build:

Setup.bat

GenerateProjectFiles.bat

Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex

Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat UnrealLightmass Win64 Development -waitmutex

“C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/MSBuild/15.0/Bin/amd64/MSBuild.exe” UE4_Engine/UE4.sln /m /nr:false /t:build /p:Configuration=“Development Editor”;Platform=Win64;verbosity=diagnostic

Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat BuildGraph -target=“Make Installed Build Win64” -script=Engine/Build/InstalledEngineBuild.xml -set:HostPlatformOnly=true -set:WithDDC=false -set:SignExecutables=false

This seems to build without errors, but when I try to run UE4Editor.exe I get the following errors in this order:

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
7.PNG
8.PNG

Looking at AlembicImporter.uplugin and GeometryCache.uplugin I notice that both of these say

“installed” : false
“EnabledByDefault” : true

This seems like an issue if they’re being enabled but not installed properly.

Looking at the output of my build I do see UE4Editor-AlembicImporter.dll there and UE4Editor-GeometryCache.dll, maybe they’re being built and copied there but the entry points are being compiled out?

After setting EnabledByDefault to false and rebuilding my editor now runs, is this a bug with UE4 or is there an issue with the procedure I’m using to build it?