Inserting text in HUD using Blueprints

Hello everyone!

In the RPG game I am making, I want to include dialogue between characters. I want it to look like this:
a3e984eef1a85c00ae4ccc24186993a0983b7244.jpeg

I want to insert the text in my HUD which has a text widget and an image widget:
final-fantasy-ii-20070726013954748-000.jpg

I want the text and the image to appear for 5 seconds, or until the user presses enter, and then disappear. Any pointers on how to do this in BP or C++?

Thank you in advance!

Follow umg tutorials, plenty of them.

For your stuff I would create custom UMG widget that displays text and picture.
For that you need text variable that you read and display in widget.
Widgets have get_something functions that you can create bindings for (again TUTORIALS)
So you create binding for that text in widget, you get some function, in that function read text variable,
and send it as result.
Then you set that variable from inside player controller (or whatever you use as main blueprint).

There is also plenty of dialogue systems on marketplace. If you dont want to buy you can at least refer to them.

It all depends how big your dialog system is meant to be. Will you need to store data in database or spreadsheet? Should decision making also be included? There is a lot of questions.

One of many tuts from yt:

Thank you for the reply! I will get back to you to tell you if it worked or not.

[QUOTE=Xter;412145]
There is also plenty of dialogue systems on marketplace. If you dont want to buy you can at least refer to them.

It all depends how big your dialog system is meant to be. Will you need to store data in database or spreadsheet? Should decision making also be included? There is a lot of questions.

One of many tuts from yt:https://youtube.com/watch?v=YLkQ35mIND8[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the video and the suggestion. I will be sure to check it out. :slight_smile: