Input delegate getting unbound

I am not sure if this is the right way to achieve the aim, which is, invoking the OnFire method defined in ACharacter from a UBrainComponent instance. So in ACharacter class I define SetupPlayerInput method as

void AShooterAIDummy::SetupPlayerInputComponent(class UInputComponent* PlayerInputComponent)
{
    // set up gameplay key bindings
    check(PlayerInputComponent);

// Bind fire event
    FireAction  = &PlayerInputComponent->BindAction("Fire", IE_Pressed, this, &AShooterAIDummy::OnFire);

// Bind other stuff
}

Then I copy the pointer to some AInfo (named MAIGameState) class (again through the ACharacter method)

void AShooterAIDummy::BeginPlay()
{
    Super::BeginPlay();

// Method to talk to gamemode. Store self referance in Gamemode and let MAI posses itself
    GameMode = GetWorld()->GetAuthGameMode<AShooterAIGameMode>();
    if(GameMode)
    {
        GameMode->GetMAIGameState()->SetFireBindDelegate(FireAction);
    }
}

Finally in the UBrainComponent, I invoke the OnFire method by

GetGameState()->GetFireBindDelegate()->ActionDelegate.Execute("");

It works for some time in the beginning of the game (120 seconds or so), then the delegate unbinds. I think it is the garbage collection and may I need to add AddToRoot() somewhere but I am not sure.
I think it is relevant to InputBindings on UObjects issue with delegates - C++ Gameplay Programming - Unreal Engine Forums

I think I rectified it by creating new object rather than just the pointer (with datatype corresponding to FireAction) in MAIGameState.