info on performance in UE4

I need a new pc to be able to effectively develop in UE4 my current laptop only has a mobile i5 4GB RAM and a gt540m, so ye time for an upgrade. I have been looking around trying to find out what will get me the best performance for £600 (I live in the UK so prices are a bit higher for pc components). The spec I have now got ready for purchase includes:

AMD FX8320 @3.5GHz
8GB RAM 1600MHz
Radeon R9 270
crucial mx100 SSD

Everything else has gone on a motherboard, a case, a psu and Windows. With those components what kind of performance would I get I. UE4 with just the basic first person shooter demo. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with specs around about the same as listed would tell me there fps in that demo as it would help me out greatly. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Hey! I don’t know the exact kind of performance you’ll get with that setup, but you should be good. The editor runs nicely on my PC:

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.4GHZ
XFX HD 7850 2GB DD OC (I believe my Core Clock is set to 1025 and my Memory Clock is set to 1385)
16GB of 1600MHz RAM
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black? (whichever one has the performance icon, lol)
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Hope it works out fine for you! :slight_smile:

Hi thanks for the reply I managed to find a video on YouTube that’s showed off the performance of ue4 in all the demos with almost the same spec pc. the differences were it was not on an SSD and the gpu was a stock r9 270x so I can get better performance by overclocking my gpu as the R9 270 is basically an underclocked 270x.

you will get good performance with that setup…mine is good with fx6300 and r7 260x…

Is the pc your looking at a laptop or stationary?