Incorrect default resolution when starting game despite .ini

I can set these settings in DefaultGameUserSettings.ini within Visual studio before running the project:

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseVSync=False
ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1080
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
WindowPosX=5
WindowPosY=500
bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=False
FullscreenMode=2
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=2
Version=5
AudioQualityLevel=0

When the project is open and I run the game, it seems to use the window position and fullscreen mode (setting it to windowed or fullscreen on start) BUT it completely ignores any resolution that I set here, and instead it gets the resolution from these lines in DefaultEditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini

ClientWindowWidth=1280
ClientWindowHeight=720

Now every tutorial I’ve come across mentions nothing of this ini file. And me changing the resolution settings from the settings menu in-editor does not change these values and thus does nothing. I can’t seem to find out what the issue is, why its being driven by these numbers instead of the resolution size from DefaultGameUserSettings.ini

I cleared the saved/config folder and the problem still occurs. Any insight into this would be a great help, as I can’t seem to control my game’s resolution other than with console commands or directly setting that clientWindow size inside of the other ini file.

Edit: I should specify that this issue is occurring for running as Standalone Game. When running PIE New Editor Window, the resolution does obey the size set through the in-editor settings, but the standalone game does not.

I have same issue, the resolution switches to 4K and not sure why. Did you find any solution?