Includes and editors for UE

Hi, I enabled procedural mesh components for my project and am making an actor that will use it.
In the actor file I’ve tried all of this:

#include "ProceduralMeshComponent.h"
#include "Plugins/ProceduralMeshComponent.h"
#include "Components/ProceduralMeshComponent.h"
#include <ProceduralMeshComponent.h>
#include <Plugins/ProceduralMeshComponent.h>
#include <Components/ProceduralMeshComponent.h>

But I cannot get it to include. On top of that I am using visual studio and I must say that programming using it for unreal has been an absolute nightmare and a horrific experience. After removing the include statement I can wait for well above 30 seconds for the editor to realise there are no errors in the code anymore and to regain syntax highlighting and code completion. I guess these are things not considered essential but oh well. Is this a normal thing?

Anyways, how do I go about including this component to my actor?

here is my actor for good measure:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#pragma once

#include "CoreMinimal.h"
#include "GameFramework/Actor.h"
#include "Tractor.generated.h"

#include "ProceduralMeshComponent.h"

UCLASS()
class TRACTORTRAIL_API ATractor : public AActor {

GENERATED_BODY()

public:	
	// Sets default values for this actor's properties
	ATractor();

protected:
	// Called when the game starts or when spawned
	virtual void BeginPlay() override;

public:	
	// Called every frame
	virtual void Tick(float DeltaTime) override;

};

You should include the actual error that you are getting. Of the 6 options it looks like (based on looking at the header) the first option, `#include “ProceduralMeshComponent.h”, is the correct one.

When you say you’ve “enabled procedural mesh components”, you mean you enabled the Procedural Mesh Component plugin? Have you double checked your project build.cs to make sure that module is one of the public or private dependencies?

Finally, you’ll have to move the include to before the include of the “.generated.h”. Unreal Header Tool requires that the generated header be the last include.