I have an interesting problem I ran into with Set World Scale 3D and materials

I’m experimenting with VR atm, and I have run into a weird issue. So let’s say I attached a socket to my hand skeleton in VR. I’d like to have an object get picked up and attached to the socket. I currently have this setup to pick up an object and depending on which hand the object is in, I would use Set World Scale 3D and use a -1 on the Z axis. This would essentially flip the object into the other hand. But the problem with this is that it’s changing the material when I do it to be transparent and missing some of the faces on the object.

This only does this when I use setworldscale3d. Is there any way to keep the material from flipping when I do this?

I have this setup for testing at the moment. F would spawn the gun in my left hand, G would spawn it in my right. It’s working as intended, but what’s not working is the weird transparent material the gun has when it’s been flipped.

Maybe there’s another way to do this, but at the moment I’m not too sure how. I could make two sockets, one for the right and one for the left, but it’s a PITA because I can’t see the left hand. I’m using the VR template, which only uses one hand and then flips it to create the opposite. So I can really only see one hand when creating the socket.

This way, I only have to make one socket, and the gun in this case, ends up perfectly in the opposite hand when I flip it’s scale.