How to use a module in C++ application

Hello

I would like to use a plugin module in my application.

The plugin is supplied with Unreal (…\Epic Games\UE_4.24\Engine\Plugins\Editor\StylusInput).

I know that the plugin supplies a static method to retrieve its instance (IStylusInputPlugin::Get()), but trying to include the relevant headers (even with the full relative path) and source files does not work. I think the build systems configures compiler flags and include search paths that are not present in my game.

I have found several tutorials about writing modules, but none related to merely *use *them. I have tried to add them to the .cs build files, but it does not seem to be enough.

Is there something obvious I am missing ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

(My previous post about this stayed in the moderation queue because it was too vague… I want to stress that this is not the same initial question)

Even if you end up understanding how the build system works, you can’t include editor modules in runtime packages unless you only need to use them when the runtime is running on Unreal Editor.

Thanks. I was suspecting this. Actually, I am trying to create a GUI application that is not really a game (painting program) and I would like to use the stylus in it. I am considering the various options to do this without recreating the wheel. Maybe a heavily customized version of the editor could be a solution…

otherwise, I will indeed have to copy parts of the StylusInput plugin, if the license allows it.