Download

How to turn a Motorcycle Vertically

Hello everyone!
I’m trying to make a motorcycle game in unreal, but I can not get the bike to spin vertically. I already tried animation, set actor rotation and nothing works. Could you give me some idea?

Below the tests performed!

454b1d0a54c996aadb4697b3b67a844b2d20e15a.jpeg
f4f1ffc395506b3418e978e39b951dd61fcf8a21.jpeg
[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kxcs1rbvuq4skj/bandicam%202017-01-18%2015-56-50-594.mp4?dl=0[/video]

Hey, well if the “Transform Modify Bone” works without the “Steer” Variable, then you seem to set it wrong.

It’s the Roll that you need to change, have you tried connecting “Steer” to the “Transform Modify Bone” node and then changing the “Steer” default value?
If that works, then you need to go further and see if you actually set the value of “Steer” correctly.

You are getting it from the Character, is that logic working so far (so are you really getting the value correctly from the Character without any Accessed None errors etc?)
If yes, you need to check if you are setting it correctly inside of the Character.

You are showing a Timeline that blends between the current “Steer” and 25.f, 0.f, 0.f. Is that working correctly? When is that Timeline being called?

Isn’t your steering based on a button axis you use? That Axis should give you a value of -1 to 1. I’m pretty sure you just need to multiply the axis value of your left/right axis button with 25 and set the ROLL of the Steer Rotator from that.

Your motorcycle is upright if it’s at 0 at -25 or 25 if you steer left or right.

If that solves the rolling of your Motorcycle, then you can go over to smoothing that (because on a keyboard you will have 1 or -1 instantly when you key press. It’s not really lerping from 0 to 1).
So for a keyboard you might want to set a boolean for left and one for right steering and in the EventTick of your Motorcycle you simply check if left or right steering is true and then use “RInterp” to interp from the current Steer value to 25 or -25 in roll.
That’s similar to your timeline but should work as expected.

Hi eXi, thanks a lot for your answer.

I did some new tests. I created a new variable and I’m updating it correctly, as you can see in the video. The bike is now turning, but it is being affected by a pendulum effect. Could you tell me how I eliminate such an effect?

[video]Dropbox - File Deleted

Anyone could help me?

Hi I come from unity and I was wondering if you could show me how to get as far as you did with the blueprint, or point me in the drection of a motorcycle tutorial. i’ve spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure it out but there is almost no help on the web, unless you want to pay.