How to spawn AI at scene component location?

I have my default player, and a scene component on the player as a spawn point. I want to spawn another player at that spawn point in the equivalent way of spawning a pokemon or a minion. I then want to control that spawned character through an widget UI and not a player or AI controller.

So my question is would the spawned character be an AI character or normal player character? Would either one affect my ability to swap control as I stated above?

The reason for my question is I’ve downloaded the Paragon minions to use as my spawned character but when I use spawn actor it does not show up in the list. Spawn pawn also does not work. I’ve tried creating a new character (blue print?) Then using the paragon skeleton mesh. I can drag and drop it into my scene but it does not appear in spawn from class. I did a similar thing with a cube and it spawns just fine. So I know I missing something.

I fixed the problem sort of. I’m sure it’s not perfect but this is what I did.

I created an character/AI character parent class. Then changed the child mesh to paragon minion. On key input spawn actor at location. Some how making a parent class allowed the actor to show up in the spawn actor at location. It’s not what I want to do exactly but it works for right now.

Also my question of controlling the spawn character and controlling it with an interface. I found that it is best to handle this with a separate game mode as this would only happen during encounters.