How to get velocity from an animation for ragdoll?

Hello everyone,

I have a skeletal mesh and a death animation. When the pawn is death, the death animation is played; but in the middle of the animation, I activate ragdoll. The problem is when I activate the ragdoll, the ragdoll stops and starts free falling. I want the ragdoll to continue on its movement depending on the animation. Is there a way to get velocity from an animation?

You can try getting a velocity of a single bone, if there is such an option. Alternativety, you can get a bone world location twice on one tick and the next one, and calclate the velocity based on that. And then set the respective velocity for the ragdoll.

Thank you for your answer. I couldn’t find any method to get a velocity of a single bone; however I’ve found the solution. Before I go to ragdoll mode, I save the physics linear and angular velocity of the skeletal mesh; and then when I activate the ragdoll, I apply all those values on the skeletal mesh again.

To make this question solved, I’m posting the solution again here.

Before going to the ragdoll mode, I save the physics linear and angular velocity of the skeletal mesh; and then when I activate the ragdoll, I apply all those values on the skeletal mesh again.

Hey, could you explain it on a BP? Thanks. Greets :slight_smile: