How to find all functions in a Blueprint?

How can I find all functions in a blueprint? If I open up my blueprint and look at the “My Blueprint” tab, and expand the functions section it only lists a subset of my blueprint functions (~10). However, if I search for for a common letter, like “e”, it will show me many more functions (~50).

Is there a way to show all functions in my blueprint? Is there some setting which is filtering these functions? I tried changing the checkboxes in the cog next to the search wheel but found no changes.

Events are functions, yet they will be list under the graph in the tab.

Hey there @anonymous_user_08b08f3c! Welcome to the community! So the functions in the my blueprint tab on the left are only the functions that are created in this blueprint/class or inherited from it’s parent BP/Class. Generally it won’t even show you all that you could override unless you hit the override button on the function listing.

If you’re talking every function you can use in the library, you can disable the context box on the right and it will show you every possible action you can take. Not all of them will work without the proper inputs or outputs though, so the context menu can safely be left on most of the time. It will even take context directly from what you’re dragging out, kind of like intellisense!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Here’s an example with screenshots. “GetResolutionScale” only shows up when searching, but it doesn’t show up in the functions section when the search/filter is empty.

Continued on new post since new users are only allowed to upload one image.

search

@SupportiveEntity Wasn’t sure if I had to reply to you directly for you to be notified, but please see new screenshots posted for a more visual explanation of the phenomenon.

Ahh I understand! Originally I believed it was only overrides but it seems like some of the native functions are hidden as well? Might be that it hides private functions? Try showing the access specifiers and see if the hidden ones are public.

@SupportiveEntity

Even with all the same checkboxes marked in the cog, I cannot get all my functions to show. All of my functions are public, and I couldn’t find any other property listed (see image below) that made a difference in it showing up or not.

Also, I think it’s just coincidence that my function has the same name as a native function, here’s another screenshot showing a function that doesn’t show up unless searched that does not collide with a native function name.

Hrm, I’ve never noticed that. I always search my functions from instinct so I guess I’d never seen it occur. I’ve been trying to replicate it in the meantime to no avail. I even added 28 more functions and it just extends the list. Suffice to say, I actually don’t know why that’s occurring. Has this always been the case or just recently?

This is a new-to-me project from github I’ve just sync’ed and run. So it’s always been this way for me, but I’m not sure if the original creators did something special with these functions/blueprints.

Because this project is new to me, what I’m seeking is a way to see every function in this blueprint to get an overview and learn what they all are.

So I spent a couple of days digging on and off and I hadn’t found too many more mentions of hidden variables, so this is a hard one to pin down directly.