Download

How do i install UE 4.6 preview?

I have downloaded the zip file of unreal engine 4.6 preview and i have installed c´visual studio 2013 community but i cant start the engine in 4.6. If i unzip the file somewhere on my computer and use the setup file than it opens a comand screen and seams to install something but after that the editor does not launch and there is no error message? If i try to launch UE 4.6 form my UE4 libary where i can launch 4.5.1 than i cant find it there ?? Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to propably setup and run the 4.6 version ?

Copy pasted from Github :slight_smile:

Open your source folder in Explorer and run Setup.bat. This will download binary content for the engine, as well as installing prerequisites and setting up Unreal file associations. On Windows 8, a warning from SmartScreen may appear. Click “More info”, then “Run anyway” to continue.

A clean download of the engine binaries is currently around 2.5gb, which may take some time to complete. Subsequent checkouts only require incremental downloads and will be much quicker.

Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat to create project files for the engine. It should take less than a minute to complete.

Load the project into Visual Studio by double-clicking on the UE4.sln file. Set your solution configuration to Development Editor and your solution platform to Win64, then right click on the UE4 target and select Build. It may take anywhere between 10 and 40 minutes to finish compiling, depending on your system specs.

After compiling finishes, you can load the editor from Visual Studio by setting your startup project to UE4 and pressing F5 to debug.

If you don’t need the code, just the binaries, you can go into Library, at the top click “Add Engine”, in the new greyed out engine slot click the little arrow next to 4.4.3 and choose 4.6 preview and Install.