How Do I Go About Removing All SteamVR Binaries From A Project?

Apparently Oculus don’t allow any SteamVR binaries to the Oculus Store, so I was wondering how to go about removing them from a project?

Would deselecting the SteamVR plugin be a simple way of doing it?

I’m just starting a project so thought I’d look at getting rid of those pesky SteamVR binaries right from the start!

Many thanks in advance for any help! :smiley:

Edit: I’ve deselected the SteamVR plugin but I’m getting three load errors whenever I open up my project:

Failed to load /Script/SteamVR.SteamVRChaperoneComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_11
Failed to load /Script/SteamVR.SteamVRChaperoneComponent Referenced by K2Node_VariableGet_160
Failed to load /Script/SteamVR.SteamVRChaperoneComponent Referenced by K2Node_CallFunction_1038

Can I just ignore these errors or will I get either problems packaging the project or Oculus having problems with these errors?

Just reemove Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\OpenVR\OpenVRv1_5_17\Win64\openvr_api.dll from your shipping build and make sure not to call any of the nodes or it will crash referencing the removed dll.

In addition to that you can change

#define STEAMVR_SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS (PLATFORM_MAC || (PLATFORM_LINUX && PLATFORM_CPU_X86_FAMILY && PLATFORM_64BITS) || (PLATFORM_WINDOWS && WINVER > 0x0502))

to

#define STEAMVR_SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS 0

and that should keep it from crashing if you accidentally reference a blueprint node (make sure to still remove openvr_api.dll from the build even if you do that or you may get rejected).

Thanks for that! I think the problem was starting a new project using the VR Template.

I’ve now started a project using the Blank Template and just unchecked the SteamVR and OpenVRExpansionPlugin Plugins and everything is now working great.

Thanks for the help though, very much appreciated. :smiley: