How Do I Create And Use An Options Menu For A VR Game..?

Hello everyone!

I’m in the early stages of working on a VR game as a hobby and after doing 10 models so far I thought I’d have a go at UV Unwrapping them in Maya and sorting a few textures out. I have developed a game since the 80s when I was a kid on my 48K Speccy (and managed to get 50 quid for a few that I sent to some dodgy company lol) and now for the first time I’m creating 3D models and have been pretty much winging it so far thanks to Google and YouTube.

So now I’m thinking of textures I need to ask about graphics options, what options I should have and how I go about changing them?

I’ve seen from a few videos on YouTube that you use UMG for the menus and have seen resolution changes but the resolution is going to be the same, right…? The resolution that the Rift and Vive have for their screens…? Does the Unreal Engine automatically change the resolution of the game when you put on a headset…? So I won’t need to worry about the resolution if so…?

I’m also wondering about post-processing effects and AA as well as texture resolution. What are the best options I should have…?

Like I said I’m a complete n00b when it comes to 3D modelling, textures and the Unreal Engine so any help would be very much appreciated! :smiley: