How do I change from one persistent level to another seemlessly?

UE3’s Kismet had Prepare and Commit functionality, but I don’t see that in 4 anywhere. I do see ‘open Level’, but that appears to just be the ‘Commit’ part.

With Prepare and Commit it was much like using the current Load Stream (sub )Level and later flipping the visibility to on.

Typical case:

Level A is a persistent level with several sub-levels of it’s own: art, design, audio, etc.
Level B is a persistent level with several sub-levels of it’s own: art, design, audio, etc.

1. So player is in level A.
  2. They are getting close to the end of the level so we start streaming in Level B into memory. (the ‘prepare’)
  3. Player hits the victory condition for level B
  4. We initiate the change of levels and load the player properly into level B. (the ‘commit’). There is no load screen, or waiting, it’s near-instant as Level B is there ready to go.

Thanks.

I think maybe you have your UE4 terminology off a bit…

If you want to do ‘seamless’ loading, you need to have ONE persistent level, and all the other levels would be sub levels.

Then you can do the ‘load in background and make visible’ thing.

But if you want to load another persistent level, the only node you have is ‘load level’. There’s nothing seamless about that. This can look ok, as long as there’s not that much in your level, it really depends on your application.