How could I trace past masked opacity in game?

I suppose - since the editor can ignore masked portions of objects when selecting and drawing outlines - it could be possible also to trace past masked opacity in game.
If so, how so?

The traces have channel and object options. You should be able to play with those in order to only hit the object you want.

You may need to create more channel and object types in the project settings, but it shouldn’t be too hard.

Thank you for the reply. I saw how to filter out whole objects (unless I missed it in the channels part), but the application requirement is to ignore the masked portion and not the opaque portion of a single object.

I mean, a single object would return both hit (if traced opaque pixels) and nothing (wouldn’t ignore the trace on masked out pixels - behavior that the unreal editor already produces when selecting)

In the attached image, I slide the elevation cuts inside the game through masked opacity, but the measure tool (which uses “Get Hit Result Under Cursor by Channel”) still hits the hidden parts, where I wanted to measure only whatever is visible to the user.

Hope I didn’t make the question more confusing.

I see now.

So you have tried using the Visibility trace channel and checking Trace Complex?

That is probably the last idea I have. Hopefully someone can chime in with a better answer, though I fear that answer is “C++”.