Download

How Can You Scale Multiple Actors at Once Properly?

Hello, I’m relatively new to Unreal and I have a (hopefully) simple question that I haven’t been able to find the answer to.

I need to scale an entire level down uniformly, and I was assuming it was as easy as to select everything and use the scale gizmo. The problem is, when I scale it up and down, everything moves around in different directions and some actors don’t even scale evenly and become warped. I’m not technical enough to explain what is happening, but described above is the end result.

I thought I had found the issue when I noticed that the gizmo was set to local coordinates instead of world coordinates. No good, as the toggle button for this doesn’t work when scale is selected. The documentation seems to confirm that scale cannot be set to world coordinates.

Is there a way to fix this issue, or a work around to accomplish the same goal? At this point it would almost be faster to recreate the whole level at the new scale than to clean up the mess that results from trying to scale it down. Any help is appreciated.