How added custom compiled Unreal Engine 4 to launcher?

Hi Epic team! I have question: How I can adding custom compiled engine to launcher? For example: I have engine build from source code and I can run this engine as standalone application, but my UE4 launcher don’t see this version of engine! How I can adding this to the launcher? Thanks for your answer!

Hi crayzorSoftware,

This is something that maybe implemented down the line but right now there isn’t a way to add a source compiled version to the Launcher list.

Cheers,

TJ

In addition to TJ’s response, while users are currently unable to add source code engines to the launcher any projects you make with the source code engine will show up in your “My Projects” section of the library tab and it will be tagged with “Other” instead of 4.5 or 4.6. Launching the project will launch it with the source code engine.

Oki I understand you! But this is socks and very not used! I really can’t understand, why Unreal Engine 4 launcher can’t added custom compiled engine? Maybe you can tell about where is launcher saved version of installed Unreal Engine 4, configuration files or other files, registry key? This is can added to configuration files? Thanks for your answer!

Simple just close all unreal instance and the luncher too.

copy your compiled version of unreal to c:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\

now in the luncher you can lunch it.

PS seem that I can’t change the name of the build in the luncher but it lunch the 5.1