[HELP] World Machine to UE4

Greetings Brilliant Unreal Minds,
I have decided to ask for help with what seems to be the one thing in Unreal I can not figure out for the life of me. Watched a half dozen videos and read every doc I could find, forum post after forum post and I still seem to be missing a core element for successfully importing a terrain .r16 heightmap from World Machine. I know I have to be missing something so obvi! ┐(´д`)┌

I have tried multiple recommended sizes but each import looks like something out of a scary dream created by Pinhead. When flying with the camera the sharp points have interesting movements, flying in and out it goes flat to sharp spikes (like I’m making a fatality pit for a mortal kombat game). I imagine this is the results of streaming and/or LOD’ing on an incorrectly imported terrain mesh?

At the bottom of the post is a video attempting the most basic of terrains, 505 Overall (Size Vertices) with a 2048 height. Heightmap file in the link below video.

No doubt I’m just missing a simple variable or button click so I’ve attached a video to see if anyone can catch what I’m doing wrong. Once I get a 505x505 size down, I will be attempting to successfully import 4k without any odd import issues as well though I imagine once 505 is “solved”, the solution will work for any supported size!

Dropbox Link of video
Heightmap File

UE Version: 4.13.2
WM Version: 2.1

Thank ya’ll so much ahead of time.

Cheers!

[SOLVED] Switching from a RAW16 high precision format to a PNG high precision format solved the hellish environment and were back to lovely rolling sand dunes. ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ ˂ᵒ͜͡ᵏᵎ⁾✩

Posting the workaround in the case others run into this issue with a build.

If there is feedback on what was incorrect with the RAW16 workflow I was using please post the correct workflow. I suppose it could be a bug but doesn’t hurt to triple check it’s not an artist error (me) before the issue is submitted.

Heightmap Success
Heightfield File Output

The screenshot “Heightmap Success” is a 4033 Overall size (vertices).