Help with HUD

I’m creating a Main Menu, real simple: Start, Credits, and an Exit.

I got the coding right and it’s working, the only thing is, when I change the Blueprint FirstPersonGameMode code, it changes for the level that jumps to when you click on Start.

How can I set up a camera or anything for the HUD? I don’t want to be able to move, rotate, jump, or anything but to click and move mouse around.

Thank you!

Hello Mr iTitsMcGee and welcome to the forums!

I am not sure what you mean by “it changes for the level that jumps to when you click on Start”. Is it loading a level that you do not want to go to? You can specify in the LoadLevel blueprint node which level to load if that’s the problem.

As for the second question, I am not sure what you mean by setting up a camera for the HUD. Unless you are using 3D widgets, the HUD is rendered on a screenspace canvas, no matter if you use UMG or Slate.

The last question however I do understand! To set the user interaction mode to disable your player controller and let your user have a cursor you have a few handy nodes. Check out this pic! :smiley:

I am using the Oculus Rift for a competition. The best way I could have gone was doing an in-game HUD menu kind of deal. A lot I need to know just for the Oculus Rift and still can learn a lot more for blueprints in UE.

Thank you for the reply! I will definitely refer back to this.