Download

Help Please

I don’t know where else to put this and this is one of my first times trying to do this.

I’m currently trying to follow this tutorial: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Tutorials/FirstPersonShooter/1/1/index.html

My only problem is that I get the following error:

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.16/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users/UserName/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Creating makefile for MyProject (no existing makefile)
Visual Studio 2017 is installed, but is missing the C++ toolchain. Please verify that the “VC++ 2017 toolset” component is selected in the Visual Studio 2017 installation options.
Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProjectEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject” “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProjectEditor\Development\MyProjectEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for MyProjectEditor in 24.0304538 seconds
@progress pop
ERROR: Visual Studio 2015 must be installed in order to build this target.

I would like any and all help so thanks for all of your time

P.S: I have removed the user name for privacy purposes

ERROR: Visual Studio 2015 must be installed in order to build this target.

Try installing Visual Studio 2015 and rebuilding. Make sure to include the “Common Tools” and C++ language when installing.

The thing is I am unable to install VS2015 because of the damned subscription thing.

The other thing is that it says it needs VS2017 in the launcher.

To be honest there are alot of things I don’t know to do.

You can, you need to download VS2015 Community build. Google the download and you can get it easily from Stackoverflow …

http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/e/d/bedddfc4-55f4-4748-90a8-ffe38a40e89f/vs2015.3.com_enu.iso

official microsoft download of the ISO (same one i had to go fishing for after i switched to a new machine)

Enjoy.

Microsoft no longer has the VS2015 available without some serious fishing around.
When using the VS site, they ONLY offer 2017, and, with the state of 2017 + UE4, its a massive fail. 2015 is the choice to use.