Download

Help Opening Stream Media Sources in UE4 Media Player.

The title is pretty self explanatory, but I’ve already created an AnswerHub post with more information: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…-openload.html.

Basically, when I use the URL that I think should work – and that works when opened in the Google Chrome web browser – inside a Stream Media Asset I get a file can’t be opened warning when trying to open it in my media player, and when I add quotes around the filename, I get a different error about the media player being unable to open the media (specifically invalid URL syntax or improper encoding/file format)(see attached images). The video I’m trying to access is encoded as an H.264 MP4 according to the media framework technical specification for best compatibility. I have also tried other encoding schemes with no success.

I’m not really sure what the issue is, since I’ve never used streaming media in Unreal before, and I’m not sure if this is a URL problem or a video problem – though evidence suggests the former, since I’ve done video reformatting and re-encoding with no change in behavior. If anyone knows anything about this or could point me in the right direction that would help a ton. Thanks in advance.