Help me get consistent simulations on differing framerates

With each tick you set Laser Location to be the same as Location, and every tick the Location grows bigger and bigger, but what you print out is always the difference between the current and the previous frame. What I assume you want to do is for Laser to travel the same distance regardless of the frame rate, and if you want to see that in the text you print out, you have to add the difference between Location and Laser Location to another variable and print out the overall value, not just the difference between 2 frames.

Moreover, you don’t have to multiply the difference between Location and Laser Location by the Delta Seconds, since the Location value was already multiplied by that previously.

As the example:

5 seconds after the Begin Play the distance traveled by the cube is printed out. It’s always roughly 5000, ± 10, with 4 or 150 fps.

this times delta thing doesn’t work for me. please help.

I made this simple blueprint to demonstrate my issue.

124 fps

61 fps

4 fps

What have I done wrong here?

I guess my picture was pretty low res, it’s last location. Anyway, so i want the actor to travel say, 10000 meters per second. I managed to print it correctly by dividing the distance with delta time, I now get a consistent number of 100000. I guess that proves delta time is not my issue, I’ll have to make a new question later to explain my entire situation. thanks