Download

Has anyone had their Megagrant application put on hold?

I submitted an application at the start of April last year, and as promised I got a response 90 days later. It wasn’t a yes or no, just a request for more time.

I guessed this was the result of a backlog, but it seems to be getting on a bit now. It’s almost 10 months since submitting, do you think should I still be expecting a response?

I actually just came on here to write something similar, and did a quick search and found your post.

I submitted on 23rd July (almost 200 days ago) and I also received a message roughly 90 days after my submission saying they needed more time. I don’t mind the wait so much, as long as I do get some sort of response eventually, which they have promised to do this time. I applied for a Dev Grant back in the day, and just never heard back.

Funny thing is, my main deck PDF I sent as a trackable bitly link, so that I would be able to see if/when it was downloaded. It was looked at twice the week I submitted, then twice in November, and then three times in December. So it’s definitely being looked at, just no response yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have an insane backlog. I mean, who isn’t going to apply to a $100 million fund? What have you got to lose? I guess we just have to wait, and live in hope.

Good luck with your project, hope you get your grant!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/general-discussion/1714123-epic-s-dreadful-handling-of-megagrants

Ah great, not just me then.

“Hold on to your papers!” this is the message we got from EPIC MegaGrants Team.

We are creating a SCU with near ZERO budget :stuck_out_tongue:

Take a look at our beta list of MegaGrants:

• MegaGrants $25,001 to $500,000+

• ForgeTheNightGrants $25,000
    The name was inspired by Fortnite :wink:

• microGrants $5,000

• nanoGrants $2,000

EPIC MegaGrants Team, feel free to use this beta list to speed up your workflow :wink:

“The road to success is always under construction.”