Has anyone else experienced this *Two different asset packs* Simple confusion!

Hey there all!

My problem is I have bought two different asset packs from Marketplace. One is a weapon component system and the other is the Complete RPG tool. If I setup Gamemode, Default Pawn Class and player controller for one asset pack I CANNOT then use the function PLAYABLE ACTIONS from the other asset pack as each asset pack requires you two use their character blueprint inconjuction with their game modes.

I have tried transfering everything from the RPG TOOLKIT Character blueprint to the Weapon component system Character Blueprint and set the weapon system as my game mode as wellas default pawn and player controller and now the functions of the RPG tollkit don’t work properly. Can any of you kind people please throw me a bone and help me as I am truley puzzled by this!

Basically my question is, "How do I set it up so I can use ALL functions from RPG Toolkit blueprint character and Weapon System Blueprint character?

I would be eternally grateful to whoever can help me solve this but I ain’t pinning my hopes on getting help here as this is my 20th question on these forums and no one ever helps me but hey ho you never know. This time might but the time someone takes mercy on me and helps! Not ■■■■■■■’ just saying! I sometimes feel like I’m hated on these forums or something! LOL!

Cheers and stay safe all!

Best wishes, Digital Theory!

I guess my question is “How do I merge two different character blueprints?”

Can no one help me? This is a basic enough question! Why does no one ever help me> I know no one is obliged to help me but just one time when I need it the most would be nice! JESUS!!!

The problem with this, is there is no easy answer. Most of the time, when people buy assets they already are part way through their project so they’ve already setup their own game mode, character etc. Some assets which use these will sometimes have documentation on how to migrate it into your own project and how to modify your own character and game mode to get it to work with the asset instead of using their character and game mode. This would obviously be my starting point if such documentation exists, or even perhaps email the creators of the assets. The process is going to be different for different assets so getting an exact answer is not going to be easy unless someone has done the exact same thing before.

I know I didn’t really help, but I would try and email the creators of the assets and see if they can give you some ideas.

OK! thx you guys. I guess that makes Marketplace about as much use as a ■■■■■ in a convent! =-/

Yeah I tried that but the only thing is it does not copy the Construction scripts and it has a whole bunch of them not tied to any functions as far as I can see! =-/