Getting hired being non-EU

Hello!

Let me first introduce myself for better understanding of my question.

I’m a student from Moscow and at the moment I do my diploma thesis in “” (Research Centre “”), Germany. Actually, it’s an 8 months contract which expires on the next February and I’m back to Moscow. My speciality is particle accelerator physics. Actually, I develop analysis software for physicists.

I tried gamedev in high-school. There was some progress and I liked the process of developing very much. It is almost a fortuity I’m in physics now. But on my last courses in university I decided that I want to develop games in future (particularly, programming gameplay). So to get a job after graduation I work on my game when I have a time. My plan is to make some gameplay demo to the end of this year and use it as my portfolio.

In Moscow and in Russia at all there aren’t much where I would like to work, so I want to get back to Germany work there.

My question is to those who work in a gamedev studio in Germany or in another EU country: do you have foreigners in your studious, particularly those who were hired from Russia? And how do you estimate my chances of being hired as a foreigner in case I fit all the job requirements?

Please, share your experience. I would appreciate that much.

Thank you!

I will close this thread, because you have the same one here: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?50731-Getting-hired-being-non-EU :slight_smile: