General issues with 4.11

• Ram usage occasionally goes suddenly to the max of what my 8gb ram pc can handle, it goes so far that it takes a minute for the task manager to open and I have to kill the UE4 process to be able to do anything with my PC without every action taking ages to process. The project is created in 4.11 and mostly consists of blueprints I created.
  • The first transform change of a component in the blueprint editor after a start of the editor does take very long, like a minute and more while it freezes, sometimes it just doesn’t do it all and freezes for forever
  • The components details panel in the blueprint editor sometimes doesn’t show anything even though I have something selected, opening the blueprint again fixes that. When that happens I can also see the timelines I used in the components list for some reason
  • After a restart of my PC it can happen that my simple UE4 project startup takes ages, like up 10 minutes. Maybe it only happens when I used Steam VR the last time.
  • Recently it occasionally refussed to start all, I can’t even see the loading splash screen but there is UE4.exe in the processes of the task manager. Only thing that seems to fix that is a restart of my PC.
  • When SteamVR is active selection in the viewport while Simulate Play is on don’t work really. What you select is far off from where your cursor is at.

I’m on Win 7 64bit and as mentioned have 8gb ram and sometimes use SteamVR

Hello Davision,

When posting a bug report, please attempt to keep it concise, and focus on one issue per report. It looks like the majority of your issues are due to high RAM usage on your PC, as you’ve been experiencing quite a few freezes.

Please provide your dxdiag so that I can take a look at what hardware you’re using, and see if there could be any issues there that are causing the freeze.

As far as the non-RAM-related issues go, please create a separate Answerhub post for each of these issues:

• When SteamVR is active selection in the viewport while Simulate Play is on don’t work really. What you select is far off from where your cursor is at.
  • Recently it occasionally refussed to start all, I can’t even see the loading splash screen but there is UE4.exe in the processes of the task manager. Only thing that seems to fix that is a restart of my PC.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day