[RELEASED][GAME] Musical Range - A Rhythm shooting game for Virtual Reality

EDIT. June 7, 2022

After 5 years we finally released. It took a reimagining and a period to test out various elements!

You can get it on Steam!

ORIGINAL BELOW
Hello!

I’ve been meaning to crate a thread for my game for a while now, but I have been putting in hold for one reason or the other. I am working with another guy to make Musical Range. You stand in an abandoned warehouse, where the targets in the shooting range create a musical note. Thus, you shoot to the rhythm of the music.

The game came to be due to a Russian video. I saw the post on reddit almost a year ago and I just had to make a prototype right there and then.

I made a video of the prototype and showed it to a friend with whom I’ve done some work before. We both agreed that it was something worth pursuing and have been working on this project ever since.

After working on the visuals, the environment and other areas. We made a video to put it on the store on Steam.

It has been a while since that video reached the public. We have been quiet on the social media, but we have been working on features that we think will enhance the longevity of the game. We worked hard to make a system for the Steam Workshop, so players will be able to create tracks synced to a YoutTube video and upload the track to the workshop for other’s to play. We have leaderboards, and also been polishing the menus and the environment.

8d8e1ab964cd3cccadac72965c31eb99ab42ced5.jpeg

One issue we have encountered is with the music. We got permissions for the songs currently available in the game. We currently have songs from Epic Games IP, Valve’s IP, Move or Die, Parkitect. And from Artists we reached out to Therion, a symphonic Metal band.

We want to reach out to more artists and other indie games out there, who would be interested in being featured. We want the game to have as big of a music library on release as possible. So if you know someone or would like to offer a song of yours, please let us know. Getting songs in is super easy. All we need is an image, the wav file, and the shooting track or the music sheet to create the music track, which we can work out. I can offer a pair of steam keys so you can try out your song in game when I place it in.

We still plan to release this year. We hope to get some extra feedback on the game and some ideas on what users would be interested in seeing in the game. We also have some ideas for other game modes that are based around this system, but we aren’t ready to share these yet.

So, this is our game. Let us know what you think. You can contact us at musicalrangevr [AT] gmail.com or a PM here too works.
Our website is www.musicalrange.com
Steam Page is Musical Range on Steam

Cheers!
Motanum

WOW! What a timeline! After 5 YEARS!!!

We FINALLY RELEASED ON STEAM! And the game looks SOOOO MUCH DIFFERENT!

This is the trailer now.

And you can get the game here!

First, we re imagined the game to be more futurisitic. As we wanted to be able to shoot and sustain the notes for a longer period.

Next we wanted to be able to bend the notes, like a guitarist can bend notes, to change pitches. Then we tried doing a punching mechanic as well. Which didn’t work out, it felt like a different game. And then we also tried putting in lasers you had to dodge as well.

So, we removed the clutter, and then just polished on the shooting and bending. So you can now bend the sound and alter the pitch, volume as well as the tone. So each player can sound different and unique.

Overall, you feel like an artist performing a piece of music because you are performing music. And as you get better at playing music, it is because you are better at playing music, so these skills can transfer out to another instrument in the real world

We are so excited about finally releasing. We felt like the idea deserved so much more, and we think we are now at a point where we feel we did justice to the idea. And are working to making the overall experience better, fuller, and obviously more songs.

If you also have any question about any of the features we implemented for the game. Just ask here! I’d be glad to help out!

If you’d like to collaborate with music, please let us know! We’d love to integrate more music under the either the Video Game Soundtracks, or Artists collaboration!