Ideal candidates have experience designing and implementing game play systems and tools in C++ and Unreal Engine Blueprint. The lead developer will hit the ground running and take ownership over the development of exciting new features and game modes.
Candidates must have experience working with a cross disciplinary team on an existing code base. Solid technical fundamentals, optimization, debugging and problem solving skills, and past professional experience working with a game development engine is a requirement. Interactive Fitness is looking for a self-starting and proactive candidate that will identify risks and determine solutions.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Design, develop, and maintain core game systems that power Expresso fitness bikes
• Work closely with a cross disciplinary team to implement game play features and functionality using the Unreal Engine
• Create or improve tools as necessary, to support specific features/systems
• Prototype new features using Unreal Blueprint
• Test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize features on Linux platforms
• Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development
• Demonstrated proficiency in C++
• Professional game development experience
• Experience working within a game development engine, preferably Unreal Engine 4
• Strong systems architecture and generalist programming skill set
• Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code
• Effective communicator and collaborator
• A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math or related field
• Experience developing code for Linux platforms
• Professional experience with multiple game development engines. i.e. Unity3D, Source, UDK, etc…
• Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
• Real-time networking proficiency and experience
If you are interested in discussing please contact me at: tanya at sdhrconsulting.com