Freeing Camera in FPS Template for the Oculus

Hello guys!

I hope this is clear enough, if not, let me know and I can expand my description with some pictures.

I’ve been working on a project for some time now, using Blueprints, and I found a problem with the camera behavior that annoys me. When I look around, the ‘forward’ will always be updated. So if I look right, the whole body will turn to the right, which is just wrong because, my actual body didn’t turn.

What I want, is that if I look right, then the body stays fixed, and until I actually move, then the body will turn forward and start walking.

So, how can I free the camera, so that I can have the behavior I descrived above.

Thanks!

The template by Mitchemmc has a couple of different movement/turning modes that you can pick from including the one you describe if I remember correctly. You can get it here: GitHub - mitchemmc/UE4FirstPersonVRTemplate: A first person template for unreal engine 4 focused on VR

I decouple the body and the head in the 3rd person template and then make it a first person template in my tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU3TEu_jT6Y

It will walk you through everything you need to do to set this up.