[Free Update Preview] FX Star Starter Kit vA.001 Update

I think can wait, he paid 5 dollars and now he demands post changing, tutorial making, etc. I believe his demands borderline on being rude. JBaldwin, do what you need to do for your moving, then do these updates when you have time. In fact is just being a bully in IMHO.

It is reasonable that if something was promised it should be delivered, but why when thinks is the right time?
If cannot figure out how to make a blueprint with these assets is his problem. Also he just joined this community like 2 months ago, JBalwind, you are a great contributor to this space, so dont let this bully get in your head. If the update happens next week, or next month it should be fine!

***I appreciate the moral support catalejo.
Despite what might be taking place or the situation I am in, I will always try my best to do what I can.

Updated and Submitted to Epic:
Fix Notes:
4.9 support implemented
Star Static Mesh re-created and re-imported to fix 4.9 port error
Fixed PP BP

Update Notes:
See original Thread Post

A bully for suggesting that when people sell things on the marketplace it should be what is described? And, if not, remove the text, or make a tutorial? That is simply odd. Its been six months, not six weeks…

As for 5 bucks, the money is not relevant… What is relevant is what the OP said in his original post. Period. I’ve purchased a ton of content off of the marketplace and I would have paid more than 5 bucks. Again, if the OP wants to post promises of this or that and does not deliver, simply remove that promise so people will not be duped into buying a that does not exist. As for my skill level, that is also irrelevant. The ONLY thing that matters is that the OP has not delivered promised content.

I would like an opinion that matters to weigh in… Epic’s. What does Epic think about someone selling content on their content store and for six months a promised does not appear…

• teak

Thanks , and teak I hope you learn blueprints… 6 months waiting is a long time to waste!

Teak,

I know you are angry and I do apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. I am trying my hardest to meet everyone’s needs dependent upon their priority. I am currently juggling a job, a business, a training support line, a community network, a constant content flow in that network, previous and future unreal marketplace content, research, medical and future flight schooling, planning a wedding, and making sure I have time at the end of the day to spend time with those I love.

The way in which you speak of me in your posts makes it sound as if I am purposefully lying about updating content because I am trying to dupe people into buying my product. Please, try to be considerate and less critical when judging my absence on an update. Aside from my hectic schedule, I was also waiting on a more stable pC=>BP implementation, however due to the heat I am receiving from you on this subject I released it anyway. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive me for not having it out sooner.

Thank you for your consideration.

I see your point… Lying is not what I was suggesting…more of a modification of the original post because I do understand things come up. I should have never used the word duped, apologies.

I would have paid more too! <smiles> its an amazing piece of work!

No problem teak,
Let me know if you have any further requests and I will do my best to meet your (and all others) needs as I am able.

Thanks again.

Making good progress…!

Hi guys! Wanted to weigh in.

First, thanks for the update, ! We’ll get this tested and updated ASAP, and will notify you via Zendesk when it’s online. Updates to 4.9 are our top priority so this will go quickly.

Second, typically when we review Marketplace content we dissuade people from promising future updates or advertising in the basis of functionality that isn’t yet up and running. Life has a funny way of getting in the way sometimes, and even people with the best intentions can get busy, and they have to prioritize their time. We’re only human. :slight_smile: So we’ve worked with quite a few submitters to modify their product description or even modify their submission to present and demonstrate only full, active functionality. In this particular case with Blueprint support, we missed it, and this is the first I’d heard of that happening. We’ll do better next time to verify the accuracy of the product description and tutorials to make situations like this less likely. Our bad there.

Finally, even though things got a little heated for a moment, I think this thread is a great example of a paying customer sorting out an with Marketplace content with the content creator. The Marketplace does expect a lot of its content creators in terms of quality and support, and I’m happy to see that this was resolved.

I saw that you updated to 4.9 but when I attempt to add to a new 4.9 project is simply clicks back to the launcher. Doesn’t look like anything happens. When I do the same thing with the 4.8 it works fine. I tried migrating the folder to 4.9 but when I loaded your level it didn’t look right. But, if I launch that brand new 4.8 project it looks perfect. Am I doing something wrong ?

• teak

Bought this a few days ago, sadly you can’t use these in larger maps. You place one of the stars in a level of world composition and you can’t zoom into it.

I have a very large map (343 levels in size). If I put one of the stars at anything beyond an absolute value of 10km, I can't zoom in. I'm actually zoomed OUT of the map to look at it. So all I see is the white ball with the 3 axes denoting its location in space.

At first I thought it was something I had done wrong on the world composition. Nope. items and blueprints I place are all zoomable normally.

Just discovered my company purchased this product for our library. I had built my own Sol type star but only did the surface plasmas and not the flares, coronas, or other bits your version includes. But some things have me scratching my head and are about to force me back to my original version.

1. The volume occupied by the star is massive. I used the sphere static mesh that came with Unreal and applied my own dynamic material for the plasma and had to force the scale upwards to a satisfactory size. Not a major quibble but this surprised me.
  2. The lighting. I have an “Earth” located at a distance from the star. With mine the night side was actually shadowed by the body of the sphere, but with the starter kit it’s almost fully illuminated. I’ve been examining the various settings and some manipulation of the cast shadows managed to dampen this effect (barely), but this is a critical .
    Knowing you schedule is quite full I’m content to work with my original until you have the time to answer my questions (congratulations on the wedding I hope!). This isn’t a “mission critical” for me but a nice touch if I can get it. (My “Earths” actually show city lights on the night side and have moving clouds - not bad for a scene intended to last 20 seconds or less!). I’m going to experiment, time permitting, to see if I can figure this out on my own and will post results if I’m successful if you don’t beat me to it.

I am migrating to the 4.11 version as my HUD will go through a big change and the new engine changes would be a real add to my project. When I bought this asset I knew that would have a real impact to my project and I was right but now seems that it doesn´t support the 4.11. May I ask you if you have time please make it compatible with 4.11 I would be very grateful.
Thank you