[Free] Multiplayer Network Compendium | Gets you started with Multiplayer in UE!

This is awesome man thanks alotttttt… ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Following the “Blueprint Multiplayer” tutorial I discovered this awesome Network Compendium.
I’m only at the beginning but I already love it!! It goes strait to the point and don’t waste any word, Good job!

thank you!! :smiley:

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english!

Thanks for the kind words. And your English is fine (:

Been struggling with multiplayer in UE4, thank you so much for this! Awesome!

You’re welcome (:

The Compendium might be outdated in some really small parts. Mostly because each Engine Version gives new features that I might not have covered, or things that simply changed.
If someone is reading it and finds something that doesn’t make sense or is missing something, please make sure to inform me!

Thank you so much ! Insanely useful reference.

The download link doesn’t seem to be working, I keep getting “Error establishing a database connection”. Anyway to get a secondary link for it?

This is SO good, you just made my day!
Unfortunately, links to your blog result in a 404 Error.
Is there any way to access those blog posts?

Again, thanks for this! Such a great introduction and more!

I’ve reuploaded the file on SendSpace, is the link. I am unsure if I am allowed to do this, seeing as I do not own the content. I have the deletion URL saved, so if wants me to remove it, I can at any moment.

Should be up again. My SQL Server decided to take a break.
And yeah you can upload it, as long as you don’t change anything in it.

thanks for the tutorial will help me a lot!

Cedric, you are so awesome man. Thank you for the great guide.

Glad you like it (: Hope it helps!

The link seems to be down again “Error establishing a database connection”.

I’m looking into learning how to get multiplayer working with blueprints, saw the official youtube tutorial videos of it by Unreal, then saw a comment linking to your post on how there are many errors which lead me . Do you think I should still go through their playlist? Or just read your documentation?

Thank you! Looking forward to reading your guide!

Just heard about this today, can’t believe I didn’t see it before. It seems to be inaccessible right now though. Thanks !

It’s back online. I’m sorry… My Server sometimes kills the MySQL Service…

Great, thank you!

Thank you-you-you, man!

With love from Brazil!

First of; Absolutely awesome writeup ! Really makes everything understandable!

I have a question about the Player StateEvent CopyProperties” and “Event OverrideWith” that you write about on page 27
I’m trying to get some variables to be persistent between level load (with blueprint… not C++) but can’t get it to work. (I know I can do it with Game Instance, but I want to have crash protection aswell)
I have looked around and noone seem to get it to work properly.

I found some hints that you need to mark the variables that you want to transfer to “Read only” but that kinda defeates the purpose since I can’t alter them in a level and then keep the changes in the next level… I have been trying a lot of different things and feel a bit like I’m at the end of the road. (I have set the Game Mode to seamless travel and I have a transitionmap)

So… the question; Have anyone gotten those playerstate events to work with blueprint only?

I saw this before it was released.

It was lent