Download

Floating Tile Generator

Hello everyone!

In this thread you can ask questions about “Floating Tile Generator” and we will gladly answer them. :wink:

Hi, Will this work with 4.9?

Purchased it today. Works as intended. Great product for 5 bucks only.
Do I need to pay attention on something if I want to use it on multiplayer?

Ah HA!
Ok, can we use multiple custom meshes for the same structure?

For example: I have my own broken bridge asset, the broken pieces are unique, can I use this addon to assemble the bridge which is made of multiple unique objects? Or is this addon intended only for even sided tiling?

hi Ellieh,

We created the asset on 4.9 and then ported into 4.10 so it should work but may rquire some tinkering with blueprint. You may need to run the asset in 4.10 , copy the blueprint and manualy coppy it back to 4.9

Hello Xi4!

We never tested it with multiplayer. Blueprint gets the possition of player 0 and adjust tiles to it. So it probably won’t work for the other players without making some tweaks to the blueprint.

Greetings Aumaan Anubis,

In original asset we used only one mesh and most of our “ automated functions” are created with these in mind, but nothing prevents using more blueprints with different meshes, that should do the trick. However it will require more manual labor.

I see thank you, this is suitable for my needs then, just requires some modifications from me, I’m ok with that :slight_smile:

So far I am very happy with it, through I would like to know, if its Possible to use a Blueprint instead of an Static Mesh, so I can add some nice effects as well.

Hello!

We are glad that you like our asset.
The asset was created with static meshes in mind for keeping it as optimalized as possible. However you might be able to modify it so it could work, yet it will require some tweaking.

Is this going to work on 4.13 ?

Hi, ParadiseVR.

We’re working on new update with 4.13 compatibility. It’ll be available soon.

Perfect ! :smiley:

Is there a possibility of having the objects hidden and appear when the user enters a trigger zone ?

Version and Help Invisible

Is this working on 4.13 ? and

1. I want to know if we can make the object visible only when it enters a trigger.
  2. Can we have the objects build gradually from invisible to visible for example like the third step is visible only after the first step is visible ?

Is this working on 4.13 ? and

1. I want to know if we can make the object visible only when it enters a trigger.
  2. Can we have the objects build gradually from invisible to visible for example like the third step is visible only after the first step is visible ?

I just bought this and I am hoping to use this in a VR project however I just realized that when we use the teleport method transportation is instant…

Are the floating tiles activated by distance or by trigger point? For example if I teleport to the edge of a bridge will I see the tiles form up or will they be fully formed due to the fact that I jumped right to the edge? Im hoping that its can be set as a trigger that activates them so that as I teleport to the edge half of the bridge forms then I move to the middle and the next portion of the bridge forms up…

Any help would be appreciated.

This is something that you handle in the material, you can do this with a material blueprint, the real question is if you can assign this custom material to a floating Tile, which I assume you can since it can use custom mesh too.

Is this working on 4.13. I am unable to add the files to the main project.

I want the tiles to update only once what i mean is if the stairs are set after i reach them they should not move if i am moving back that is they should only move once when i am moving towards them and not away from them

Is there a way we can have seperate material on each stairs

Can I use any shape in the platforms? for example hexagons plates?