Support thread - shooter bp project

Look in the B_DemoCharacter blueprint, there is a macro called EquipWeapon. It’s called every time the variable CurrentWeapon changes (OnRep_CurrentWeapon is the function that calls it) and inside of it you will see the code that attaches the weapon mesh to the character’s socket and the code that tells the AnimBP which anims it should use inside the state machine.

You mean ‘purchase’ instead of ‘sell’, right?

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you for the help. Thank you.:o

In response to a question by Ctrl in the product page:

As a quick and dirty test, I’ve done this in the character blueprint. Z makes you instant lean left and X makes you instant lean right:

This is the result:

Product updated (see change log)

Hi @PeaceSells_

I am wondering what kind of animations are you using for ADS? Have you done it in Maya/Blender?

Hey @bigfatblunt,

No, there are no ADS anim sequences. The anim blueprint gets the idle anim and procedurally move the hand bones to the right place, so the sights get aligned. This gives us the freedom to use virtually any gun and place virtually any sights anywhere on the gun, without having to make ADS anim sequences in Maya/Blender, etc. for each of them. You just need to make a normal idle anim for each gun.

Hello. I just purchased FPS Assemblable Gun and I followed your tutorial with my own weapon mesh, but when I go to test it, I get an error that says “Can’t aim down sights, gun has no sights” There is also no model visible and when I try to add attachments Some of the sockets don’t work. Any ideas?

Edit: Fixed gun model being invisible and the sights not working, now just trying to fix sockets. But the gun is rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks,
Aerith

Hi @Aerith17, the gun rotated 90 deg should be a matter of just opening the character’s skeleton in the skeleton editor and rotating the socket in the hand_r bone to the desired position (in the included mannequin, this socket is called “Gun”). To make it easier to see it, also click on this socket, choose “Add Preview Asset” and the choose your own gun.

Regarding the attachment sockets not working, they have to follow the naming rules stated in the video correctly. There are 2 types of attachment sockets: Base, which must be present on the gun or part that will receive an attachment; and Mount, which must be present on the part that is the attachment itself.

There are 3 types of Base sockets: Point (for stuff like silencers, magazines. etc. that attach to a point) and RailStart and RailEnd (for stuff that you want to put on rails, usually optic sights, etc.). RailStart and RailEnd work in pairs, so if you place a RailStart without the corresponding RailEnd, it won’t work. Each RailStart must have a RailEnd with the same name.

There are 2 types of Mount sockets: Point (to be mounted on a point) and RailStart (to be mounted on rails). For any attachment to work, the name of its Mount socket must match the name of the Base socket it’s being mounted on. For example:

To mount a magazine on a gun, the magazine must have a socket named, for example:

Point_MyMag_Mount

and the gun must have a socket to receive it, named:

Point_MyMag_Base_1

You can replace “MyMag” with your desired name (as long as your desired name is the same on both the Mount and the Base sockets)

To mount an optic sight on a rail, the optic sight must have a socket named, for example:

RailStart_MyRail_Mount

and the gun must have two sockets to be able to receive it, named:

RailStart_MyRail_Base_1
RailEnd_MyRail_Base_1

You can replace “MyRail” with your desired name (as long as your desired name is the same on the Mount and the Base sockets)

Please tell me if you got the issues fixed.

Hello, I just purchased your asset and I really enjoy it but I have a few questions:

1. How can I make it so that I keep aiming when I’m jumping/falling?
  2. Is there a way to make a shotgun-type gun that shoots multiple bullets at once?

I’m still new to UE4 so please excuse me if these questions are obvious.
Thank you!

@amdude_00 - Hi, I should have your answers shortly, thank you for your patience!

Hi, I’m replying to your response on the marketplace page, thanks for the reply! I tried to add the reload animations from the FPS assault pack for the AK. I was only able to play the actual weapons reload anim by playing the anim in the weapons child class on Event Reload. However in game when I reload it breaks the weapon system. Is there another way to play both the arms and weapon reload anim at the same time? Everything I have tried isn’t working, thank you!

Hello, I figured it out:

I had to modify the rule from Walking to InAir. Now it checks if the player is Falling and is NOT IsAiming.
Also, I had to remove the Exit Aiming function when the player switches MovementMode from Walking to Falling.
Now the player can keep aiming when falling

Edit:

I am now trying to get the player to be able to aim any time while they are in the air but I need some help. So far, when the player is in the air and I aim, the crosshair dissapears but the animation to aim down the sights never starts. Any ideas? Thank you.

@amdude_00 Hey man, I’m sorry I haven’t sent you anything yet. I did implement the keep aiming while in the air part and the enter aiming while in air part too, but I didn’t finish the shotgun fire part. These days have been kinda difficult here at home, I’ve had a mild COVID-19, but my father is in the hospital. On the next days things will probably slowly get back to normal though.

Regarding your last question, you have to go into the AB_DemoCharacter1P, go into the state machine and either:

1. Remove the InAir state, since that state is active everytime your feet aren’t touching the ground, and that state only makes your character play the normal idle anim, with no option to go ADS. Removing this state will keep playing whatever anim your arms will be playing (running, idling, aiming) when you go into the air. The con is that your arms will keep running when you jump while running, but I don’t think this is very noticeable

2. Copy-paste the ADS nodes from the Idle or Walking state, along with the blend node that allows you to aim, into the InAir state. That should work.

Regarding the shotgun fire, I was having some troulbe because the projectile blueprint (B_GunProjectile) in the project isn’t replicated. The way the project sends projectile impacts to the clients is indirectly through the gun blueprint that spawned the projectile, instead of trough the projectile blueprint itself. Since Unreal is optimized to not allow a bunch of Multicast events at the same time from the same Actor, the gun blueprint doesn’t transmit all the buckshot impacts to the clients. So I was about to make B_GunProjectile replicated too and move the code that replicates the impacts from the gun blueprint to B_GunProjectile, because that’s probably how I should’ve done it from start. But I had to interrupt working. I will still finish it and send it to you, but if you want to go ahead and try it anyway on your end, I’m here to try and help you.

See ya…

Hey, I’m so sorry to hear what you and your family are going through and I wish you guys nothing but the best. I’m glad to hear things are getting better though.

I implemented your second suggestion and it works perfectly! I can now aim while in mid-air.

Also, don’t worry about the shotgun thing. I was more so asking if the asset came with an option to make shotgun-type weapons but I’m pretty sure there are atleast a dozen tutorials on how to make one, so I’ll check those out.

I also just wanted to ask: what are some future updates that you have planned?

Stay safe and healthy!

Thanks man. Right now I was working on implementing a full body 1st person mesh with basic anims to my other asset, the Gun Sight Aligner. I’m planning to do the same to the FPS Assemblable Gun after that. Then, after that, my plan is to make the FPS Assemblable Gun more of a shooter template than just a weapon system. Things never happen as fast as I want though.

Sorry for going over your post. I will give you a better answer shortly.

@PeaceSells_ Well, I’m looking forward to those updates! This asset is already really cool so I’m excited for its future.

bought the kit looks and feels nice but do you have a tutorial for making ammo pickups ?