FBX Imports from Maya issues

Hello everyone! I am a game developer (obviously), and for my game I am making a majority of my assets in Maya… HOWEVER there is an issue. In Maya, I do “export to unreal engine” and export what I want to the correct folder. Simple enough. BUT when I go to import the FBX file in to Unreal Engine, a couple things happen which I can’t comprehend. The mesh when put in to the engine is visible as to be expected, but has HUGE invisible walls surrounding it to the point that I can’t even access it. For example if I imported a structure, there are a bunch of invisible walls around it varying by the size of the imported asset which block and restrict player movement. Is this possibly caused if I export 2 objects that are separate from one another by a distance? Or would it be on Unreal’s side of things? I have tried editing the imported mesh itself in unreal engine, and it did allow me to enter where the mesh was placed but the mesh would become invisible and no collision with it either. The imported asset never appears as a landscape either, which is fine as long as it acts as one and has unit collision and everything.

I am also wondering if there is a way to edit imported meshes inside of Unreal Engine so that if I import an asset and find one side of it isn’t shaped properly I can use the built-in tools to edit this and “perfect” it. This would save me a great deal of time because for some reason, unreal engine also doesn’t let me use the weathering tools on this imported terrain.

The other thing is that I am working with a large game world, so although it might be unrelated to this thread, I am wondering if there is a simple keybinding or button that keeps me in perspective view and allows me to take a “birds eye view” from above, so I can use the “go here” command to navigate my way around easier?

Thanks in advance to everyone! Much appreciated :smiley: