FAILURE OF ORTHO PHOTO FUNCTION

Hi

I recently installed the latest version of RC but find that I am now having problems generating orthophoto’s using the ortho photo function in the reconstruction tab.

In the past this has run fine and has been a very quick process. However, it now seems very slow and for any sort of larger project the CPU & RAM just move up to 100 % and then I eventually get an error message. Re-installing the software does not solve the problem and when I try re-generating othro photos in old projects where I previously generated ortho photos without any problems I now get exactly the same problem.

I don’t know if this is a bug or if some setting has changed as I installed the new version of RC and needs to be re-set.

Enclosed below is a drop box link for an example file of an old project where I have previously been able to generate ortho photos but do not now seem to be able to do so.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4vuej2ukyey0rx/AADTNHNAWJ-WS_jODhvvr1nka?dl=0

Please can you advise whether this is a bug if there is just some setting which needs to be changed.

If it is a bug please can you forward the installation file for the previous version of RC so that I can get back into production (mail@robertwardbooth.co.uk)

At the moment I cannot produce any work using RC and so it would be very much appreciated if you could respond as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Robert Ward-Booth

Dear Robert,

thank you for reporting this problem. 

I have replied also to your email sent via our contact form.

This issue is related to this bug https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002159452–SOLVED-Bug-11580-Orthoprojection-Memory-Issue-latest-build-RC-

If your model is singleton with many textures, RC is loading all the textures when creating ortho projection at once and therefore consumes too much RAM. If this is the case, please divide your model into parts as proposed in my comment in that thread and texture again. 

We are sorry for the inconveniece caused.